TA Operations AVP, Transition Team – Alternative Investments
- Standard / Permanent
Job Title: TA Operations AVP, Transition Team – Alternative Investments
Business Unit: Operations, Business Change Management
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Termini, 3 Arkle Road, Sandyford, Dublin
About BNP Paribas:
At BNP Paribas, we center our values on what drives the company forward. Our driving forces are Agility, Client Satisfaction, Compliance Culture and Openness.
Ø Agility: we want to behave more simply to embrace useful innovation and digital transformation.
Ø Client Satisfaction: we believe that our success lies in being the customers’ and clients’ preferred choice. We seek to listen carefully to them and work closely with them.
Ø Compliance Culture: We believe in promoting clear rules to foster a strong culture of compliance and ethics.
Ø Openness: We promote open-minded attitudes towards our stakeholders. We aim for everyone in Group to feel included, to have their say and be empowered.
Our strengths are based off four key areas of Stability, Expertise, Responsibility and Good Place to Work.
Ø Stability: we build upon our solid, long-term oriented management, our diversified and integrated business model and our international footprint.
Ø Expertise: We build upon our recognised and expanding knowledge of our teams.
Ø Responsibility: We build upon our culture of responsibility and integrity to ever better serve the interest of our customers.
Ø Good Place to Work: We foster a stimulating workplace where people are treated fairly and with respect.
Reporting to the Head of Business Change Implementation Management
We are expanding our transition team to assist with the onboarding of new clients. This group will be a team of highly skilled TA professionals with experience in operations and client onboarding. The team will represent operations and be a key stakeholder/ driver of a major project. The role is best suited to someone with excellent communication skills, an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change. The team will work with Product, external stakeholders, IT, clients, operations and management to ensure smooth transition of clients to our growing business. After the project is complete, the team will merge into a BAU function.
Short term travel to BNPP offices within Europe and potentially further afield may be required
Your main responsibilities as a Transition Manager are to work with multiple teams across the business onboarding new clients in a fast-paced environment.
More specifically, you will be required to:
· Coordinate the TA department activities and completion of tasks for multiple client transitions.
· Attend and participate in internal and external calls/workshops to facilitate a smooth transition.
· Act as a communication centre for the transition by providing written & verbal updates on project status to a large group of stakeholders
· Proactive identification and management of project risks, ensuring all stakeholders have an appropriate appreciation of the risks and key attention to resolve risks potentially blocking an onboarding.
· Monitor and execute runbook activities for client transitions & coordinate the execution of run book activities with operational teams.
· Maintain a consistent approach for each client transition obtaining and storing full sign off as required.
· Undertake business process reviews and re-engineering where required (identifying processes which need to change or to be implemented);
· Clearly draft requirements in BRD or user story formats for any new developments required for client take on. Host workshops and ensure participation from other teams. Document all to a high specification and track to implementation in conjunction with the BCIM team.
· Review all fund documentation against the data onboarding to the TA platform to ensure its consistency.
· Conduct operational readiness assessments, planning and implementation, ensure production teams/ operation environment is prepared to effectively support the new business;
ü Organisational Structure
ü Processes and Procedures
ü People – skills and experience
ü Facilities (incl. Equipment)
ü Training programme
On determination of gaps, plan and take action to fill the gaps
· Support the parallel phase of client onboarding by actively monitoring & completing the runbook with teams and provide guidance or escalation as required.
· Manage the client go live phase of client onboarding by actively monitoring & completing the runbook with teams and provide guidance or escalation as required.
· Provide support and management on day to day operational activities, client support and processing where required
· Work with Business Change & vendors on ways to improve the overall operational processing within the system.
· Ensure all client deliverables are completed accurately and timely, in accordance with the SLAs in place.
· Ensure that the team operates efficiently, adheres to procedures, ISAE 3402 requirements and HFS best practice and policy.
· Key member of the department management team, charged with progressing a variety of initiatives
Qualifications & Experience required for this role:
· 5 or more years’ experience in TA/IS Operations
· Regulatory or AML experience an advantage
· Experience in mutual funds and Hedge Funds. Proficiency in Master feeder structures, side pockets, liquidity and gating.
· Project experience and have been involved in managing / implementing change into Operations Teams
· Dedicated experience in swift orders automation and payment automation would be a key differentiator
· Familiarity with NTASWeb and/or KURE would also be beneficial
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with business and technical teams
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills
· Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility
· High energy, dynamic, results focused
· The ability to thrive in an innovative and agile working environment
· Hard working Team Player who likes to work within and contribute to an organizational team structure
· Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple workstreams a key attribute
· Adaptability: ability to adapt to and work within a dynamic professional environment
· Keen awareness of Client Service standards and Relationship Management skills
Why Work with Us?
Ø We are the bank for a changing world and aim to build positive change together with our employees.
Ø We are a team of passionate people who genuinely care about what we do and the impact our work delivers to our clients. We operate in a highly collaborative, open-minded environment that embraces innovation and creativity.
Ø Our remuneration and benefits packages are generous, with competitive salaries, a discretionary bonus scheme, company pension contribution, comprehensive private healthcare packages and numerous other benefits.
Ø We have a genuine commitment to work-life balance throughout the whole organisation. We are also committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and actively promote equal opportunities.
Ø Development and mobility is actively encouraged. We are a learning company – there is real opportunity to grow, develop and expand your skills, experience and career path.
Ø We are a global company operating in over 60 countries with over 190,000 employees from over 150 nationalities. In Ireland we have approximately 500 employees across Dublin and Galway working in Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB) and BNP Paribas Security Services (BP2S) and Greenval.
Compliance Culture: We believe in promoting clear rules to foster a strong culture of compliance and ethics. We would expect any incoming member of staff to respect all financial security related legislation, including: anti-money laundering (AML); countering the financing of terrorism (CFT); international financial sanctions and embargoes (IFS); anti-bribery and corruption (ABC); KYC; ongoing client related data screening; and transaction monitoring. BNP Paribas have clear policies on these topics which all staff are expected to familiarise themselves with upon successful entry to the Group.
Equality and Diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunities employer and proudly cultivates a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity of experience enhances our service offering to clients and leads to a better working environment. We encourage applications from the best candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religious belief.
By submitting your application, you agree to BNP Paribas completing a background check and screening in advance of any potential offer being made