Senior Financial Security Compliance Officer
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Senior Financial Security Compliance Officer
Termini, 3 Arkle Road, Sandyford, Dublin
About BNP Paribas:
At BNP Paribas, we center our values on what drives the company forward. Our driving forces are Agility, Client Satisfaction, Compliance Culture and Openness.
Ø Agility: we want to behave more simply to embrace useful innovation and digital transformation.
Ø Client Satisfaction: we believe that our success lies in being the customers’ and clients’ preferred choice. We seek to listen carefully to them and work closely with them.
Ø Compliance Culture: We believe in promoting clear rules to foster a strong culture of compliance and ethics.
Ø Openness: We promote open-minded attitudes towards our stakeholders. We aim for everyone in Group to feel included, to have their say and be empowered.
Our strengths are based off four key areas of Stability, Expertise, Responsibility and Good Place to Work.
Ø Stability: we build upon our solid, long-term oriented management, our diversified and integrated business model and our international footprint.
Ø Expertise: We build upon our recognized and expanding knowledge of our teams.
Ø Responsibility: We build upon our culture of responsibility and integrity to ever better serve the interest of our customers.
Ø Good Place to Work: We foster a stimulating workplace where people are treated fairly and with respect.
· To act as a second line of defence for the BNP Paribas Group & ensure that the Group remains compliant with relevant laws & regulations as well as internal rules & standards on the following main compliance risk areas:
(i) Money laundering & terrorist financing; (ii) Embargoes & international financial sanctions; (iii) Corruption & bribery; (iv) Know Your: Customer (KYC); Supplier (KYS); Intermediary (KYI); Employee (KYE); Other Counterparties (KYX).
· To give a reasonable assurance to management & Boards of Directors that compliance, regulatory & reputational risks related to Financial Security are monitored, controlled & mitigated as relevant.
· To inform & alert management of the level of these risks, through the relevant information flows or reporting.
Purpose of the role
· TERRITORY: to be responsible as Team Head / Co-Head for specific key CPL activity within the Ireland Territory Compliance (IE-CPL) remit. Scope as defined by / to be read in conjunction with the:
(i) IE-CPL Target Operating Model (TOM) re. domains (i.e. activities under Financial Security; CPL Advisory; CPL Monitoring & Risk Assessment; & Regulatory & CPL Operations);
(ii) IE-CPL TOM re. entities (i.e. as point of contact for / reporting to, specific entity management); &
(iii) the allocation of CPL correspondent & referent roles.
· COMPLIANCE MISSION: ensuring the adequate & effective delivery of the overall CPL mission.
· TERRITORY COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT: To support the Head of IE-CPL & Deputy Heads of FS of IE-CPL.
· COMPLIANCE REPRESENTATION: To represent the CPL department at key committees & projects.
· CULTURE: To promote & reinforce the desired compliance culture within the CPL team & across the Group in Ireland.
· FITNESS & PROBITY: To maintain appropriate knowledge & competency in regards to CPL activities within your responsibility; to act in an ethical manner; & ensure compliance with the Central Bank’s fitness & probity standards (incl. when holding Pre-Approval Controlled Functions(PCFs) & Controlled Functions (CFs).
· ADVISORY: To advise & consult with the business on the interpretation & implementation of relevant laws & regulations; & internal rules & standards, as appropriate.
· DECISION MAKING & ESCALATION: To provide Compliance validation or decisions, in line with the CPL Decision-Making Process & delegated authorities; & escalate as appropriate.
· VALIDATION FRAMEWORK: to ensure effective CPL engagement with the validation framework for new or amended activities & exceptional transactions (i.e. the NAC / TAC process).
· GENERAL FINANCIAL SECURITY OBLIGATIONS:
o To be alert to & contribute to fighting against all forms of economic crime including fraud, money laundering & terrorist financing, regardless of the circumstance or stakeholder involved.
o To make sure adequate due diligence & controls are performed in order to know the firm’s customers & counterparties, & how they use the Group’s products & services.
o To be vigilant that customer transactions are not related to bribery or corruption. Report any suspicious operation to the Deputy Heads of FS.
· COMPLIANCE REPORTING: To ensure appropriate & timely reporting to CPL, business management & external parties (including in regards to Group reporting; ExCos; Boards & Regulators).
· TRAINING: To help organise, co-ordinate & deliver an effective FS related training & awareness programme for staff.
· OUTSOURCING: To provide appropriate oversight of CPL & business related outsourcing, including: (i) advice & assistance on the regulatory aspects of outsourcing requirements; & (ii) effective monitoring of outsourcing performance.
· POLICIES & PROCEDURES: To ensure the adoption of relevant Group CPL related policies & procedures; & development and maintenance of relevant local policies.
AD HOC: Ad hoc projects & other FS related duties as required.
As applicable / defined under the IE-CPL TOM per relevant (i) Domain; (ii) Entity coverage; & (iii) correspondent & referent roles, including:
FINANCIAL SECURITY TEAM:
· FINANCIAL SECURITY & KYC: To effectively manage CPL’s systems & controls to prevent: (i) money laundering; (ii) terrorist financing; (iii) non-compliance with international sanctions; & (iv) bribery & corruption. This includes the management & implementation of:
o The overall Financial Security framework & processes;
o Relevant validation & review of KYC & other customer or counterparty due diligence;
o Attendance, contribution & decision making at Client Acceptance Committees (CACs) & Business Acceptance Committees (BACs);
o Review, clearance or escalation of alerts relating to: (i) database screening; & (ii) transaction screening & monitoring (e.g. re. potential sanctions hits or suspicious transactions);
o Reporting of suspicious activity to the relevant authorities (i.e. An Garda Síochána & the Revenue Commissioners) & via Group tools; &
o Relevant anti-bribery & corruption processes.
ASSURANCE TO BUSINESS / ENTITY MGMT : To provide reasonable assurance to relevant senior management (including Board & sub-committees), that adequate compliance set-ups are in place; consistent with Group Compliance requirements & in line with applicable laws & regulations.
Qualifications & Experience required for this role:
• Preferably between 5 to 10 years in similar AML/CFT role
• High performer, self-motivated, able to meet own & team deliverables.
• Good team player & communicates effectively
• Demonstrates respect & trust.
• Drives continuous improvement & innovation.
• Exhibits sound judgement & solves problems.
• Knows industry
• Pursues self-development.
• Takes initiative & assumes responsibility.
• Coaches, develops & inspires others.
• Establishes & executes business objectives.
Why Work with Us?
Ø We are the bank for a changing world and aim to build positive change together with our employees.
Ø We are a team of passionate people who genuinely care about what we do and the impact our work delivers to our clients. We operate in a highly collaborative, open-minded environment that embraces innovation and creativity.
Ø Our remuneration and benefits packages are generous, with competitive salaries, a discretionary bonus scheme, company pension contribution, comprehensive private healthcare packages, and numerous other benefits.
Ø We have a genuine commitment to work-life balance throughout the whole organisation. We are also committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and actively promote equal opportunities.
Ø Development and mobility is actively encouraged. We are a learning company – there is real opportunity to grow, develop and expand your skills, experience and career path.
Ø We are a global company operating in over 60 countries with over 190,000 employees from over 150 nationalities. In Ireland we have approximately 500 employees across Dublin and Galway working in Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB) and BNP Paribas Security Services (BP2S) and Greenval.
Compliance Culture: We believe in promoting clear rules to foster a strong culture of compliance and ethics. We would expect any incoming member of staff to respect all financial security related legislation, including: anti-money laundering (AML); countering the financing of terrorism (CFT); international financial sanctions and embargoes (IFS); anti-bribery and corruption (ABC); KYC; ongoing client related data screening; and transaction monitoring. BNP Paribas have clear policies on these topics which all staff are expected to familiarise themselves with upon successful entry to the Group.
Equality and Diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunities employer and proudly cultivates a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity of experience enhances our service offering to clients and leads to a better working environment. We encourage applications from the best candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religious belief.
By submitting your application, you agree to BNP Paribas completing a background check and screening in advance of any potential offer being made