Senior Financial Accountant
- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Job Title: Senior Financial Accountant
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, Dublin
Department: Dublin Branch Finance- Financial and Business Analysis
Reports to: Head of Financial and Business Analysis
About BNP Paribas:
At BNP Paribas, we centre our values on what drives the company forward. Our driving forces are Agility, Client Satisfaction, Compliance Culture and Openness.
· Agility: we want to behave more simply to embrace useful innovation and digital transformation.
· Client Satisfaction: we believe that our success lies in being the customers’ and
clients’ preferred choice. We seek to listen carefully to them and work closely with them.
· Compliance Culture: We believe in promoting clear rules to foster a strong culture of compliance and ethics.
· Openness: We promote open-minded attitudes towards our stakeholders. We aim for everyone in Group to feel included, to have their say and be empowered.
Our strengths are based off four key areas of Stability, Expertise, Responsibility and Good Place to Work.
· Stability: we build upon our solid, long-term oriented management, our diversified and integrated business model and our international footprint.
· Expertise: We build upon our recognized and expanding knowledge of our teams.
· Responsibility: We build upon our culture of responsibility and integrity to ever better serve the interest of our customers.
· Good Place to Work: We foster a stimulating workplace where people are treated fairly and with respect.
Overall Job Purpose
The role will focus on Securities Services and Funds Administration business, so a strong knowledge of this area is key. These businesses are regulated so a strong understanding of regulatory reporting is desirable. The role will be responsible for delivering performance management reports as directed for entities in scope, presenting reports to the Head of Finance and Business Analysis and where requested presenting them to the Heads of the concerned Business Lines, Heads of Functions and local CFO. Particular emphasis to be focused on accuracy, completeness, integrity and adherence to reporting deadlines.
This role will particularly focus on Profit & Loss and Balance sheet in addition to supplementary reporting in relation to these. Collaborative correspondent to Regional Finance (Finance EMEA Hub) is paramount to the success of this role.
Contributor to the preparation of all information – or centralization of other Finance & Tax Areas contributions – for the Board of Directors of all entities under remit.
Participate in the performance and on-going enhancements to the daily financial accounting control environment via continuous interaction with the regional platform and the Head of B&FA.
Ensure assistance is provided in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure the preparation of Statutory Accounting and processes for external audit within dates and timeframes agreed with the respective Audit Committees. Liaise with external Auditors in the annual audit process and Internal Auditors. Recommend and seek to implement procedures and processes that improve the overall performance of the Finance and Business analysis function.
Provide support to all Business Lines or functions in any review of their business / activity.
Participate and support all relevant Head Office, Regional and Local Projects that impact on the B&FA Area. This may entail taking direct ownership or responsibility for specific projects, if and when assigned.
Cross training within the Finance & Tax Function and other local Functions, Areas and Departments. On-going familiarity with the Group’s accounting reporting policies and standards. Ensure appropriate documented files are maintained and filed for later review by Internal and/or External Auditors. Development and maintenance of properly documented procedures for the financial accounting division.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Performance Management. Design and development of high-quality performance management reports to Management.
- Facilitates business and analytical insights to be advised to Snr Management.
- Budget process: Participate in the delivery of the budgets for revenues and expenses as part of the upload process to the relevant financial systems.
- Audits: Ensure that all audit requests are delivered timely.
- Statutory accounts: Participate in the preparation of all financial statements and disclosures for statutory purposes.
- Information for Board of Directors and Audit Committees: Prepare the information for the management committees of the entities under scope.
- Projects: Active participation in projects of automation of current and future processes of the Area under responsibility.
- Human management: Foster people care, staff engagement and fluent communication within the B&FA Area and other Finance & Tax Areas in the spirit of a Global Finance community collaborative approach.
- Performance: Contribute periodical information (minimum monthly) of performance, risk and control indicators of the area under responsibility (KPI, KRI and KCI), following the standard defined for the Finance & Tax Department.
- Connectivity with the Production Teams and MCE (Measure, Control and Explain) Missional Teams in Regional Platforms: Foster close interaction and implementation of efficient communication tools ensuring full connectivity with the Oxygen services platforms (Madrid, Lisbon and Mumbai), in a collaborative organizational set-up, for all processes under his/her direct responsibility or accountability. Ensure that clear split of responsibilities exist in the process, fostering efficient working avoiding duplication.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in English
- Finance and accounting, qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA.
- 4+ years’ experience in the financial services industry (banking, securities services, custody, fund administration).
- IT skills: 1) Capacity to use several of the following office tools in a proficient manner; MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access; 2) Intermediate / expert Excel use.
- Strong Communication and Organisational Skills
- Strong analytical, teamwork and problem-solving skills
Why Work with Us?
· We are the bank for a changing world and aim to build positive change together with our employees.
· We are a team of passionate people who genuinely care about what we do and the impact our work delivers to our clients. We operate in a highly collaborative, open- minded environment that embraces innovation and creativity.
· Our remuneration and benefits packages are generous, with competitive salaries, a discretionary bonus scheme, company pension contribution, comprehensive private healthcare packages, and numerous other benefits.
· We have a genuine commitment to work-life balance throughout the whole organisation. We are also committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and actively promote equal opportunities.
· Development and mobility is actively encouraged. We are a learning company –
there is real opportunity to grow, develop and expand your skills, experience and career path.
· We are a global company operating in over 60 countries with over 190,000 employees from over 150 nationalities. In Ireland we have approximately 500 employees across Dublin and Galway working in Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB) and BNP Paribas Security Services (BP2S) and Greenval.
BNP Paribas offers a broad range of competitive benefits to employees ranging from personal, lifestyle and professional support to health and wellbeing.
· Health Insurance (employee & dependents)
· Dental Cover (employee with option to add dependents)
· Free employee assistance programme (EAP)
· Attractive Pension Plan (after probation period successfully completed)
· Annual Commuter Ticket Scheme
· Bike to Work Scheme
· Competitive annual leave
· Wedding Leave
· Moving day when new home is purchased
· Holiday Fund Saving Scheme: operates between February and November
· Employee referral scheme
· Paid Maternity, Paternity & Parents leave
· Annual Health and Fitness Subsidy
· Professional Subscriptions covered annually
· Work From Home Allowance
· Discretionary Bonus Scheme
· Shares Scheme
· Learning & Development: we offer a wide range of courses internally and further education is also supported.
· Hybrid working policy of 50% at home / in office
Equality and Diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunities employer and proudly cultivates a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity of experience enhances our service offering to clients and leads to a better working environment. We encourage applications from the best candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religious belief.