Senior Credit Transaction Officer
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Senior Credit Transaction Officer
ITO Global Banking Operations
About BNP Paribas:
At BNP Paribas, we center our values on what drives the company forward. Our driving forces are Agility, Client Satisfaction, Compliance Culture and Openness.
Ø Agility: we want to behave more simply to embrace useful innovation and digital transformation.
Ø Client Satisfaction: we believe that our success lies in being the customers’ and clients’ preferred choice. We seek to listen carefully to them and work closely with them.
Ø Compliance Culture: We believe in promoting clear rules to foster a strong culture of compliance and ethics.
Ø Openness: We promote open-minded attitudes towards our stakeholders. We aim for everyone in Group to feel included, to have their say and be empowered.
Our strengths are based off four key areas of Stability, Expertise, Responsibility and Good Place to Work.
Ø Stability: we build upon our solid, long-term oriented management, our diversified and integrated business model and our international footprint.
Ø Expertise: We build upon our recognized and expanding knowledge of our teams.
Ø Responsibility: We build upon our culture of responsibility and integrity to ever better serve the interest of our customers.
Ø Good Place to Work: We foster a stimulating workplace where people are treated fairly and with respect.
CTM / 3C is part of Global Banking Middle Office department in Dublin. It belongs to Global Credit Operations (GCO) within CIB ITO. Its function is to ensure a 1st level of defence within CIB through an independent reporting, monitoring and control (a priori & a posteriori) of the risks taken by CIB on Corporate clients applied on the entire credit chain – from Front Office support to ITO Servicing.
The core missions of CTM
- Ensure correct implementation of the deal with regards to legal documentation and booking in Bank’s systems
- Ensure legal documentation conformity in regards to Credit committee decision for credit risk – at set up and all along deal lifecycle – and to alert Business & Risk in case of breach
- Analyse transaction details in order to correctly book deals in the bank’s operation/ risk systems
- Ensure counterparty risk conformity into Bank’s systems in regards to Credit committee decision, Bank and regulatory requirements – at set up and during deal lifecycle
- Ensure the management and integrity of risk data inputs into Risk systems used in the control and reporting of credit/counterparty risk
- Follow up and monitor deal lifecycle events (amendments, acquisitions…) and ensure that Business specificities and/ or risk requirements are duly respected prior to request processing
Participate & contribute to IT systems architecture evolution & functional design ensuring optimized processes & data Integrity
- Ensure that the CTM functions for the branch are carried out in accordance with CTM core mission
- Ensure that CTM policies, procedures, best practices and guidelines are appropriately followed
- Guarantee the conformity of the legal documentation with the credit decision. Make sure these checks are made in a timely manner
- Ensure the accuracy of risk data in all of the systems in use
- Interact with the Business, Risk entities, Audit/Inspection, Regulators and other Functions, as they pertain to CTM matters (corporate credit issues, permanent controls, Business Impact Analysis, follow-up of Audit/Inspection recommendations for CTM scope,….)
- Foster strong communications with, and provide on-going support to the Head of CTM, Chief Operating Officers, Senior Credit Officers, Delegation holders & Business Lines, Finance and Credit Admin/Client Service Desk
- Participate in the organization of the Watch List and Doubtful debt committees, and control the appropriate booking of specific provisions in accordance with the committee decision and accounting standards
- Participate as and when required in meetings, seminars, conferences and ongoing or future projects which have a direct or partial impact on CTM activities
- Participate in the process of knowledge-sharing and cross-training regarding CTM and related processes and systems
- Where necessary, assist in identifying and contributing to the resolution of booking, system and other technical problems that could have an impact on the management of corporate credit and counterparty risk thereby ensuring the accuracy and completeness of information for all transactions
- Contribute to the implementation of a common culture and approach within CTM, and promote individual initiative, autonomy and versatility.
Qualifications & Experience required for this role:
- Experience in the banking/finance sector preferable (2-3 years)
- Good understanding of Financial products
- Good understanding of risk concepts and methodologies is preferable
- Knowledge of credit processes, trade workflows and booking systems is preferable
- Familiarity with Local regulations
- Commitment to the role and capacity to meticulously implement the CTM Mission Statement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good time-management skills
- Autonomy and capacity to take initiative
- Capacity to remain objective and independent in order to fulfil the control role required
Why Work with Us?
Ø We are the bank for a changing world and aim to build positive change together with our employees.
Ø We are a team of passionate people who genuinely care about what we do and the impact our work delivers to our clients. We operate in a highly collaborative, open-minded environment that embraces innovation and creativity.
Ø Our remuneration and benefits packages are generous, with competitive salaries, a discretionary bonus scheme, company pension contribution, comprehensive private healthcare packages, and numerous other benefits.
Ø We have a genuine commitment to work-life balance throughout the whole organisation. We are also committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and actively promote equal opportunities.
Ø Development and mobility is actively encouraged. We are a learning company – there is real opportunity to grow, develop and expand your skills, experience and career path.
Ø We are a global company operating in over 60 countries with over 190,000 employees from over 150 nationalities. In Ireland we have approximately 500 employees across Dublin and Galway working in Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB) and BNP Paribas Security Services (BP2S) and Greenval.
Compliance Culture: We believe in promoting clear rules to foster a strong culture of compliance and ethics. We would expect any incoming member of staff to respect all financial security related legislation, including: anti-money laundering (AML); countering the financing of terrorism (CFT); international financial sanctions and embargoes (IFS); anti-bribery and corruption (ABC); KYC; ongoing client related data screening; and transaction monitoring. BNP Paribas have clear policies on these topics which all staff are expected to familiarise themselves with upon successful entry to the Group.
Equality and Diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunities employer and proudly cultivates a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity of experience enhances our service offering to clients and leads to a better working environment. We encourage applications from the best candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religious belief.
By submitting your application, you agree to BNP Paribas completing a background check and screening in advance of any potential offer being made