- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Job Title: SCM Implementation – Front Officer
Department: CIB – GB – GTS
Business Area: Trade Finance & Working Capital Solutions
Reports to: Head of SCM Dublin
Overall Job Purpose
A key component of CIB Global Banking division, Global Trade Solutions (GTS) is BNP Paribas’ Trade Finance and Working Capital Solutions franchise.
GTS is a global network of more than 300 experts providing local offers and tailored on-the-ground expertise. This franchise is ranked among the top three globally and number one in Europe.
In addition to a complete range of traditional trade products and services, GTS also offers structured trade and Supply Chain Management (SCM) solutions. The main objective of SCM products is to assist clients in optimising their working capital position i.e. financing inventory, accelerating the conversion of receivables to cash, and extending payment terms.
The SCM team is located in Paris and Dublin. The team is responsible for marketing, structuring, and implementing the various Supply Chain products in Europe. BNP Paribas Dublin is the centre of expertise and the primary hub for structuring, booking and managing the SCM transactions in the region.
The main missions of the Implementation Manager are:
- To be a key contributor in the structuring of Supply Chain transactions, working alongside the SCM Marketers, from pitching to execution of the contracts;
- To be a proficient user of the Bank’s Connexis Supply Chain (CSC) Platform in order to be able to structure the most efficient technical solutions for our Clients, and for the Bank;
- To lead the implementation of the Supply Chain transactions on our own CSC platform environment, as well as on external platforms provided by our external partners;
- To ensure a proper coordination between the various Front Office teams (BNPP entities or other Financial Institutions) involved; but also across all the key support teams (Legal, Finance, Tax, IT and Operations (ITO) departments, in Dublin and potentially within other BNPP Entities).
Roles and responsibilities
A. Origination and Structuring:
- Participates in consultation and meetings with SCM Marketers, Coverage Officers, and Clients in relation to structuring and operational aspects of new transactions
- Participates in structuring the responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Provides presentations and training to Clients and other Front Officers
- Leads the implementation of Supply Chain transactions
- In liaison with product managers and ITO teams, ensures that the parameters and features of the CSC platform reflects the approved commercial structure.
- Leads the on-boarding of third party platform providers
B. Credit & Internal process:
- Co-draft the GTS credit memos with the SCM Marketers. Reviews the technical aspects of the transaction and participates in all aspects of the structuring (credit, pricing, collaterals, syndication, etc.)
- May execute contracts on behalf of BNPP Dublin (subject to formal addition to BNPP Dublin Power of Attorney)
- Makes sure all credit approvals are obtained and all conditions of credit decisions are met.
- Arrange and participate in Operational Transaction Committee (OTC) meetings
- Actively contributes to the management of the New Activity Committees and Transaction Approval Committees (NAC/TAC), notably in drafting the memo, explaining the proposed structure to key stakeholders, and ensuring all conditions are met
C. Leads transaction up to closing:
- Ensures contracts are in line with credit and other approvals – actively reviews contracts and interacts with Legal and SCM Marketers up to execution, signature of contracts on behalf of BNPP SA, subject to Power of Attorney.Co-ordinates the framing of operational processes with ITO middle-office (MO) and back-office teams
- Prepares full Deal Packages (credit, legal, insurance, etc.) and ensures proper transmission to key support teams, notably to the credit MO team (CSMO) and to CTM (Credit Transaction Management)
- Coordination with CSMO to ensure fulfilment of conditions precedent and conditions subsequent
D. Monitors transaction once in production:
- Credit monitoring : oversight of annual reviews & ensures significant changes during deal life are credit approved
- Overdue Remediation: manages escalations from Operations, liaises with Marketers, Coverage & Client to resolve overdues.
- Leads and / or contributes to ongoing Business Projects. Participates in process streamlining initiatives led by Paris or Dublin ITO teams
- Acts as an escalation/coordination point for queries raised by stakeholders, including Client, SCM Marketers or Coverage
- Contributes to the ongoing enhancement of CSC platform in connection with the Product Managers & ITO teams.
- Trains and supports junior colleagues / new comers in developing their skillset
- Knowledge: Staff must have a clear understanding of BNPP Group policies and requirements, and their own obligations under these standards. This includes ensuring that they understand the regulatory and Group requirements in relation to Financial Security, both at a general level, and specifically related to their role. Financial Security related matters include those connected to: anti-money laundering (AML); countering the financing of terrorism (CFT); international financial sanctions and embargoes (IFS); anti-bribery and corruption (ABC); KYC; ongoing client related data screening; and transaction monitoring.
- Policies & Controls: Staff must adhere to the Group’s Financial Security policies and local laws; ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to manage Financial Security related processes and risk (including in regard to customer due diligence and how they use the Group’s products and services; and a maintaining a satisfactory understanding of transaction activity).
- Vigilance & Reporting: Staff must be vigilant to unusual or suspicious activity; and duly report or escalate to senior management or Compliance as appropriate. Activity referred to, may concern customers, counterparties, staff or other third parties. Staff must escalate known or suspected concerns relating to potential or actual: money laundering; terrorist financing; bribery or corruption; sanctions breaches or attempts to circumvent the sanctions regime; or any other wrongdoing (including fraud or theft).
Skills and competences
- 5+ years’ experience
- Good balance between client focused and risk awareness approach
- Excellent communication skills in person, by phone and in writing, excellent presentation skills
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business, to clients and external service providers
- Team player and team leading
- Logical and analytical skills with strong problem solving capabilities
- An organised approach to work with good attention to details
- Ability to deliver within tight timeframes and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, across jurisdictions
- High level of understanding of the CSC platform Tool – Desirable
- Proficiency in MS Office tools notably Excel
- Fluent English. Additional European language as a plus.
Main Contact Points and Interactions
GTS Dublin Teams, in both Paris and Dublin,
Heads of Trade and Trade Sales in Europe, as well as Coverage Teams, Management and key support Teams within BNPP Dublin (notably ITO middle and back offices, Legal, Finance, Tax, Compliance, etc.) and potentially from other BNPP entities
Clients, other Financial Institutions, Third Party Platforms, Insurers.
Why Work with Us?
- We are the bank for a changing world and aim to build positive change together with our employees.
- We are a team of passionate people who genuinely care about what we do and the impact our work delivers to our clients. We operate in a highly collaborative, open-minded environment that embraces innovation and creativity.
- Our remuneration and benefits packages are generous, with competitive salaries, a discretionary bonus scheme, company pension contribution, comprehensive private healthcare packages, and numerous other benefits.
- We have a genuine commitment to work-life balance throughout the whole organisation. We are also committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and actively promote equal opportunities.
- Development and mobility is actively encouraged. We are a learning company – there is real opportunity to grow, develop and expand your skills, experience and career path.
- We are a global company operating in over 60 countries with over 190,000 employees from over 150 nationalities. In Ireland we have approximately 500 employees across Dublin and Galway working in Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB) and BNP Paribas Security Services (BP2S) and Greenval.
Equality and Diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunities employer and proudly cultivates a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity of experience enhances our service offering to clients and leads to a better working environment. We encourage applications from the best candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religious belief.