- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Job Title: Private Equity & Debt – Senior Fund Accountant / Senior Analyst – Permanent
Business Unit: Fund Accounting – BNP Paribas Fund Administration Services Limited
Location: Dublin (Termini, Sandyford, Co. Dublin) or Galway (Galway Tech Park, Parkmore)
About BNP Paribas
At BNP Paribas, we center our values on what drives the company forward. Our driving forces are Agility, Client Satisfaction, Compliance Culture and Openness.
- Agility: we want to behave more simply to embrace useful innovation and digital transformation.
- Client Satisfaction: we believe that our success lies in being the customers’ and clients’ preferred choice. We seek to listen carefully to them and work closely with them.
- Compliance Culture: We believe in promoting clear rules to foster a strong culture of compliance and ethics.
- Openness: We promote open-minded attitudes towards our stakeholders. We aim for everyone in Group to feel included, to have their say and be empowered.
Our strengths are based off four key areas of Stability, Expertise, Responsibility and Good Place to Work.
- Stability: we build upon our solid, long-term oriented management, our diversified and integrated business model and our international footprint.
- Expertise: We build upon our recognised and expanding knowledge of our teams.
- Responsibility: We build upon our culture of responsibility and integrity to ever better serve the interest of our customers.
- Good Place to Work: We foster a stimulating workplace where people are treated fairly and with respect.
The Senior Fund Accountant (SFA) role is responsible for the NAV preparation, validation and release of Private Capital funds. The SFA checks the work of Fund Accountants and provides final release to the market or investment manager. The SFA is responsible for ensuring that all checks and controls have been performed on a valuation. The SFA is often the first point of contact for clients regarding valuations.
- Review of fund NAVs on a monthly or quarterly basis, tasks include:
- Review of fund transactions, eg. Security/investments trading, investor activity, etc.
- Ensuring all income and fee accruals are accounted for and validated
- Private Capital asset trades like loans (debt), Fund of Funds, Real Estate are booked into eFront
- Adherence to client agreed NAV delivery deadlines
- Adherence to client Budgets, analysis of Budgets ensuring accruals are aligned to such Budgets
- Approval and sending of fund invoices / cash instructions
- NAV impact analysis and justification
- Daily communication with clients and other external stakeholders
- Monitoring all cash and investment position reconciliation items on a regular basis.
- Ensuring all agreed reporting is completed & sent to the client.
- Attendance and participation in team / departmental meetings.
- Assist with the completion of month/quarter end processes for delivery to clients.
- Ensure that client Service Level Agreements are applied across all funds with deliverables met on a timely basis.
- Ensure any information required by the Auditors or 3rd Parties is available within the timeframe agreed with your Team Manager.
- Assist and train other team members with queries / questions as they arise. Inform the Team Manager where necessary of any issues.
- Thorough knowledge of Private Equity/Private Capital security types, including Direct Loans, Syndicated Loans, PE Fund of Funds, Real Estate, Private Equity, Forwards etc., and their accounting treatment.
- FA resource for the on boarding of new business, ensuing that FA systems and accounting requirements are in place.
- Understanding of fund operating documents, prospectus, pricing policy, agreements.
The applicant must have:
- Knowledge of accounting systems with eFront experience being a distinct advantage.
- A minimum of 3-4 years Fund Accounting experience incorporating the above key responsibilities.
- A minimum of 1 year NAV review experience
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- A thorough knowledge of Private Equity/Private Capital accounting including typical reporting such as Investor Capital Statements, Capital Call/Distribution Notices, Portfolios.
- A good knowledge of performance fee methodologies (Equalisation, Waterfall, Performance/Incentive Fees< etc),
- Knowledge of the completion of month/quarter end processes for delivery to clients.
- An awareness of the needs of clients and an ability to deliver an excellent client service.
- An awareness of Fund Structures including ICAVs, Master/Feeder type structures and DACs
- Knowledge of DACs and regulatory reporting an advantage.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
The applicant must have:
- A third level qualification or equivalent preferably in a business or accounting related discipline preferred.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Highly computer literate.
- Strong numerical / analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft excel skills.
Why Work with Us?
- We are the bank for a changing world and aim to build positive change together with our employees.
- We are a team of passionate people who genuinely care about what we do and the impact our work delivers to our clients. We operate in a highly collaborative, open-minded environment that embraces innovation and creativity.
- We have a genuine commitment to work-life balance throughout the whole organisation. We are also committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and actively promote equal opportunities.
- We are a global company operating in over 70 countries with over 200,000 employees from over 150 nationalities. In Ireland we have approximately 500 employees across Dublin and Galway working in Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB) and BNP Paribas Security Services (BP2S) and Greenval
Equality and Diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunities employer and proudly cultivates a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity of experience enhances our service offering to clients and leads to a better working environment. We encourage applications from the best candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religious belief.