Fund Accounting Team Leader
- Employment contract
- Fixed Term
- Job / Mission
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, the TL will be responsible for the oversight of a team’s production of fund Net Asset Valuations, ensuring full compliance with all accounting regulations to which they are subject.
· Review of daily, weekly, and monthly Fund NAVs, ensuring that they are signed off in accordance with agreed procedures.
· To manage the daily workflow of a number of clients within the team, meeting agreed deadlines and to maintain positive client relations.
· To supervise staff (6-8) and to provide a detailed review of their work in conjunction with the Assistant Manager in accordance with established procedures. Implement development planning of team members; recognise training needs of staff and to suggest courses that would be suitable for each individual.
· Assign work to subordinates and continually monitor their performance. Prepare and conduct periodical performance reviews with the Assistant Manager.
· Investigating client issues or resolving valuation related enquiries. Assisting the team members in resolving differences or investigating unusual entries / fund movements.
· Ensure all work and tasks done within the team comply with approved policies, procedures and control routines applicable to all employees and those specific to the department.
· Conduct quarterly process analysis on all funds within the team to ensure appropriate controls are in place.
· Ensure good communication with the Assistant Manger to ensure awareness of all issues within the team
· Provide monthly and quarterly statistics in relation to the funds within the team for internal MIS and for external Board meetings. Ensure that theses are delivered within the agreed timeframe.
· Ensure all agreed reporting is delivered to the client and the Auditors within the agreed timeframe.
· Understanding of fund operating documents, prospectus, pricing policy, agreements.
· Manage the take-on of new business into team and the implementation of appropriate procedures as required.
· Assist with the further development of the fund accounting process and systems to meet future market and client developments.
· A minimum of 4 years Fund Accounting experience incorporating the above key responsibilities, with 2 years at a Senior Fund Accountant level.
· Team leadership skills, including mentoring, assessment, training and development planning.
· Knowledge of various domiciliation legislation and regulatory requirements.
· Thorough knowledge of Hedge Fund accounting, including interaction with Prime Brokers and Middle Office.
· Thorough knowledge of complex hedge fund investment types, eg. OTC.
· Thorough knowledge of performance fee methodologies (Equalisation, Series, etc),
· Thorough knowledge of data vendors such as Bloomberg, IDC, etc.
· Knowledge of accounting systems such as Multifonds, Geneva or SunGard,
· Management of the needs of clients and an ability to deliver an excellent client service.
· Limited Partnership, Multi-manager, Multi-currency, Pooling, FOHF and Structured product experience desirable.
· Tax knowledge, including K1 / PFIC.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
· A third level qualification preferably in a business or accounting related discipline.
· Qualified or part qualified accountant.
· Good organisational, time management and interpersonal skills.
· Self motivated
· Highly computer literate
· Strong numerical / analytical skills
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunities employer and proudly cultivates a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity of experience enhances our service offering to clients and leads to a better working environment. We encourage applications from the best candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religious belief.