- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Job Title: Financial Reporting Accountant
Business Unit: BNP Paribas Fund Administration Services
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Dublin (Termini, Sandyford, Co. Dublin) or Galway (Galway Technology Park, Parkmore)
About BNP Paribas:
In Ireland we have approximately 500 employees across Dublin and Galway working in Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB) and BNP Paribas Security Services (BP2S) and Greenval.
At BNP Paribas, we center our values on what drives the company forward. Our driving forces are Agility, Client Satisfaction, Compliance Culture and Openness.
· Agility: we want to behave more simply to embrace useful innovation and digital transformation.
· Client Satisfaction: we believe that our success lies in being the customers’ and clients’ preferred choice. We seek to listen carefully to them and work closely with them.
· Compliance Culture: We believe in promoting clear rules to foster a strong culture of compliance and ethics.
· Openness: We promote open-minded attitudes towards our stakeholders. We aim for everyone in Group to feel included, to have their say and be empowered.
Our strengths are based off four key areas of Stability, Expertise, Responsibility and Good Place to Work.
· Stability: we build upon our solid, long-term oriented management, our diversified and integrated business model and our international footprint.
· Expertise: We build upon our recognised and expanding knowledge of our teams.
· Responsibility: We build upon our culture of responsibility and integrity to ever better serve the interest of our customers.
· Good Place to Work: We foster a stimulating workplace where people are treated fairly and with respect.
· This role sits in the BNP Paribas Fund Administration Services
· As a key member of the team, the objective of this role is to provide technical expertise and experience to the Financial and Regulatory Reporting team
· The core responsibilities require a strong subject matter expertise with attention to detail, quality control and excellent service delivery.
· The team works closely with the Operations functions to ensure successful delivery of financial and regulatory reporting deliverables.
· It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced financial reporting subject matter expert to be involved with a growing service within our Fund Administration business.
· To serve as Financial Reporting accountant for the production of fund financial statements and filing of certain Central Bank regulatory reports.
· Ensure all financial reporting procedures are adhered to and ensure compliance with internal and external regulations.
· Performance management of offshore teams to ensure client and auditor satisfaction.
· To efficiently plan the financial statement preparation and audit process in conjunction with all relevant parties, ensuring that agreed timelines are achieved.
· Manage and control the workflows for all audit engagements, act as both an internal reference and escalation point for all audit issues.
· Ensure accurate application of new accounting standards and regulations, and responsibility to ensure team receives sufficient training.
· To keep up to date with all relevant regulatory and accounting changes and re-engineer processes accordingly.
· To liaise with clients and auditors to ensure that the financial statements are audited and filed with the relevant regulatory bodies and Stock Exchanges on a timely basis.
· Ensure effective oversight of outsourcing vendors in accordance with Outsourcing Policy and to ensure high service levels are maintained.
· Attendance at client board meetings to present financial statements.
· Planning and ongoing review of outsourcing arrangements.
· Preparation and review of client CBoI regulatory returns (MMIF, Monthly NAV return etc.)
· Other ad hoc projects.
Qualifications & Experience required for this role:
· Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA)
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a financial reporting department and/or audit experience.
· Proficient in accounting standards, primarily IFRS, US GAAP and FRS 102.
· Be able to take responsibility and resolve issues as they arise.
· Ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Excellent organisational and Microsoft office skills.
· Knowledge of Advent Geneva and Multifonds Fund Accounting systems an advantage.
· Excellent communication skills.
Why Work with Us?
· We are the bank for a changing world and aim to build positive change together with our employees.
· We are a team of passionate people who genuinely care about what we do and the impact our work delivers to our clients. We operate in a highly collaborative, open-minded environment that embraces innovation and creativity.
· We have a genuine commitment to work-life balance throughout the whole organisation. We are also committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and actively promote equal opportunities.
· We are a global company operating in over 70 countries with over 200,000 employees from over 150 nationalities. In Ireland we have approximately 500 employees across Dublin and Galway working in Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB) and BNP Paribas Security Services (BP2S) and Greenval
Equality and Diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunities employer and proudly cultivates a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity of experience enhances our service offering to clients and leads to a better working environment. We encourage applications from the best candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religious belief.