- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Job Title : Actuarial Assistant Manager
Business Unit: Insurance / Ireland / Greenval
Contract Type : Permanent
Location: The Anchorage 17-19 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, D02 DT18
Greenval Insurance Company DAC is a non-life insurance company and member of BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com), a European leader in banking and financial services that ranks among the world’s top 15 banks by market capitalisation. Greenval Insurance offers motor insurance to the customers of other Group members in 20 countries with a target to extend to all EU countries in the coming years.
Reflecting the continued and expected future growth of the Company, the position of Actuarial Assistant Manager within the Actuarial Department has been created.
- Reporting to the Actuarial Manager the successful candidate will assist in the day-to-day running of the department as well as implementing future innovations
- Manage key quarterly deliverables, including:
o Solvency II reporting;
o reserving committee;
o pricing committee;
o forecast process;
- Manage key annual deliverables, including:
o Solvency II reporting;
o Budget process;
o ORSA process;
o Interaction with the HoAF and auditors;
- Supervise department staff;
- Propose and implement process enhancements;
- Work with the Business Development Department to enhance reporting to clients;
- Work with the Underwriting Department to enhance pricing;
- Work with the Operations Department to enhance data quality and reporting;
- Work with the Finance Department to ensure smooth interaction between the two departments and to achieve further synergies.
Qualifications & Experience required for this role:
- Qualified/Nearly Qualified Actuary;
- 5+ years’ experience in an non-life insurance environment;
- Experience of managing direct reports;
- Experience of pricing, reserving, and capital modelling;
- Expert knowledge of Solvency II and IFRS 17;
- Knowledge of motor insurance industry in Europe;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Flexible attitude and proactive approach;
- Strong results and client driven approach;
- Ability to manage and develop staff;
- Innovative use of computer software packages;
- Excellent knowledge of SAS, R, Python and other relevant software;
- Excellent knowledge of ResQ and/or other non-life reserving software;
- Excellent use of Excel;
- Ability to streamline and automate processes;
- Willingness to contribute to multiple projects;
- Strong capacity to adapt in a multicultural environment;
- Knowledge of European Languages, particularly French, is an asset.
Why Work with Us?
- We are the bank for a changing world and aim to build positive change together with our employees.
- We are a team of passionate people who genuinely care about what we do and the impact our work delivers to our clients. We operate in a highly collaborative, open-minded environment that embraces innovation and creativity.
- Our remuneration and benefits packages are generous, with competitive salaries, a discretionary bonus scheme, company pension contribution, comprehensive private healthcare packages and numerous other benefits.
- We have a genuine commitment to work-life balance throughout the whole organisation. We are also committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and actively promote equal opportunities.
- Development and mobility is actively encouraged. We are a learning company – there is real opportunity to grow, develop and expand your skills, experience and career path.
- We are a global company operating in over 70 countries with over 200,000 employees from over 150 nationalities. In Ireland we have approximately 600 employees across Dublin and Galway working in Greenval, Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB) and BNP Paribas Security Services (BP2S).
Equality and Diversity
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunities employer and proudly cultivates a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity of experience enhances our service offering to clients and leads to a better working environment. We encourage applications from the best candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religious belief.